Halloween is a great time to visit Walt Disney World because there are so many treats, events, and decorations. There are many things to do and enjoy, but the main event is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. This ticketed event lets you see all the Halloween-themed entertainment, go trick-or-treating, meet people, and more.
From August 12 to October 31, the event will happen again 37 times. On those nights, it will start at 7 p.m. and go until 12 a.m. Guests can look forward to seeing characters like Disney villains and the gravediggers from the Haunted Mansion graveyard. With a stage show called “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” there will also be a special focus on the sequel to the famous Hocus Pocus movie. For Walt Disney World’s 50th birthday, guests will get a commemorative print with a Halloween theme. Halloween Party is the main event.
This ticketed event gives you access to all the special Halloween entertainment, trick-or-treating, meet-and-greets, and more. The event will happen again on 37 nights between August 12 and October 31. It will start at 7 p.m. and go until midnight on those nights. Guests can look forward to seeing fan-favorite characters like Disney villains and the gravediggers from the Haunted Mansion graveyard. There will also be a special focus on the sequel to the famous Hocus Pocus movie with a stage show called “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular.”
Guests will get a special commemorative print for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary that has a Halloween theme.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2022 Dates
The Halloween party takes place in the Magic Kingdom from 7:00 PM to Midnight August 12th through October 31st.
- August: 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
- September: 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30
- October: 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31
Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party may be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240 beginning May 18. Tickets are on sale now! Ticket prices will range from $109 – $199. Prices will also vary based on the event’s night. Make sure to buy your tickets in advance to get the best deals. Tickets are always $10 more on the day of the event.
You will always save $10 on tickets by purchasing them in advance. Annual passholders and DVC members will save $5 per ticket. Advance purchase savings and Annual Passholder discounts are not available on Halloween night, October 31, 2021.
Tickets can sell out very quickly, so we recommend buying them as soon as they go on sale!
Entertainment at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has themed events that you can’t find anywhere else, like a fireworks show, a parade, and special musical performances. This fireworks show is hosted by Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” and it takes place above Magic Kingdom.
In the story, Jack has come to tell a story that isn’t too scary about how anything can happen on Halloween night. Zero, Jack’s ghost dog, takes everyone on a trick-or-treating adventure, where Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy are drawn into a mysterious haunted house. Their journey takes them from room to room in the house, where they meet dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts, and a whole bunch of Disney villains who like to cause trouble.
During a party, the fireworks show usually starts at 10:15 PM and lasts for about 12 minutes. It can get pretty crowded, so if you want the best views, you should get in line early.
Boo-to-You Halloween Parade
This parade at Walt Disney World is unlike any other you’ve seen because it has rare characters, music, dancing, and floats. You’ll be greeted by the Headless Horseman himself as he rides down the parade route.
Costumed Disney characters and villains, like Mickey and Friends, the Hitchhiking Ghosts, Jack Sparrow, Winnie-the-Pooh, Wreck-it-Ralph, and more, will follow him. The Haunted Mansion Gravediggers are one of the parade’s best parts. They drag their shovels along the ground to make beautiful sparks. You will also see a parade float with The Incredibles and the famous fashion designer Edna Mode.
This will be followed by a float with Buzz Lightyear and alien explorers finding crystal treasures on the surface of a planetary playset. And, of course, the Ghost Bride will be on a Haunted Mansion float. You can watch the parade on Main Street, in Liberty Square, or in Frontierland at either 9:15 or 11:15 PM.
This parade is unlike any other that you have seen at Walt Disney World since it incorporates characters, music, dancing, and floats that are not seen very often. You will be met by the Headless Horseman himself as he rides along the parade route. He will invite Mickey and Friends, the Hitchhiking Ghosts, Jack Sparrow, Winnie-the-Pooh, Wreck-it-Ralph, and many more costumed Disney characters and villains to follow him. The Haunted Mansion Gravediggers provide one of the highlights of the parade by scraping their shovels over the pavement to generate magnificent sparks. This is one of the most exciting parts of the parade.
You will also witness a parade float that features The Incredibles and the world-famous fashion designer Edna Mode, which will be followed by Buzz Lightyear and other alien explorers unearthing crystalline jewels on the surface of a planetary playground float. Also, the ghostly Bride will make an appearance on a float themed to the Haunted Mansion.
You have the option of watching the parade either at 9:15 or 11:15 PM, and you may choose between viewing sites located on Main Street, Liberty Square, and Frontierland.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spooktacular
Join the Sanderson Sisters from the cult classic film Hocus Pocus as they seek to cast a spell on the audience at their Halloween festival. They will be assisted in their endeavor by their pals Maleficent and Dr. Facilier.
This event, which features musicians, dancers, and performers of spectacular effects, is guaranteed to be fun for the entire family. Directly in front of Cinderella Castle, performances are scheduled at 8:15 PM, 10:45 PM, and 12:00 AM.
The several showtimes will make it possible for you to include this terrifyingly enjoyable event in the celebration that you are organizing.
The Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet Favorites from Main Street, The Dapper Dans, have been ghoulishly changed into The Cadaver Dans, and they will be seen singing eerie medleys for the whole of the celebration in Frontierland.
Monstrous Scream-o-Ween Ball Dance Party
Participate in a monster mash-style dance party with all of your other buddies from Monstropolis.
They are performing at Tomorrowland at the Rockettower Plaza Stage. You may find them there.
Trick-or-Treating at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
If you suffer from any kind of food allergy, you may pick up a bag marked with a distinct color at either the Town Square Theater or the Heritage House. You will then be able to collect tokens at each site where you go trick-or-treating, and these tokens may subsequently be exchanged for allergy-friendly sweets at certain locations.
2022 Trick-or-Treat Locations
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Town Square Theater (Allergy-Friendly Center)
- Market Street (party entrance; open until 8 p.m.)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Jungle Cruise
- Splash Mountain
- Dock to Tom Sawyer Island
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Liberty Square Ticket Office (Allergy-Friendly Center)
- Columbia Harbour House
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Walt Disney World Railroad Station
- Ariel’s Grotto
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- NEW this year: After you follow the treat trail, you can interact with the Monsters, Inc characters as they learn about the curious Human World holiday we call Halloween.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
Meet-and-Greets at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
During the course of the party, you will get the chance to speak with some of your favorite characters while they are dressed in their Halloween attire. The lines may become really lengthy, but considering that many of the characters are only seen in the parks on a very infrequent basis, this is an excellent chance to meet characters who you typically wouldn’t get to see.
You may locate characters to bring to your Halloween celebration at the following locations:
Main Street, USA
- Mickey Mouse
- Jack Skellington and Sally
- Anastasia and Drizella
- Seven Dwarfs
- Ariel and Eric
- Winnie-the-Pooh and friends in costumes
- Alice in Wonderland and friends
- Belle and Gaston
- Minnie Mouse in costume
- Goofy in costume
- Cruella de Vil
- Daisy and Donald in costumes
- Princess Elena
- Princess Tiana
- Stitch dressed in an Elvis costume.
- Tarzan and Jane
- Aladdin and friends
- Captain Jack Sparrow
Costumes at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
At Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, guests are not only allowed but encouraged to dress up in costumes!
There are several guidelines that you should be familiar with before continuing. Continue reading for the most up-to-date rules.
Guests 13 and Under:
- Masks may be worn, as long as they do not cover the entire face and the eyes are visible.
Guests 14 and Up:
- Costumes may not touch the ground.
- Capes may be worn, but they cannot be longer than the waist
- Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind are not allowed.
- Layered costumes are discouraged and may be subject to additional screening.
- Guests may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and must not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable, or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or may be easily mistaken as actual weapons.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other guests.
- Also, don’t forget that it may be rainy or extremely not, so you may want to plan accordingly as you put together your costume.
Rides at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
When Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party starts, do the rides shut down?
During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, guests may still access a number of rides located throughout the Magic Kingdom.
During the Halloween celebration, you will enjoy unrestricted access to all of these rides.
The fact that it is a special event almost often results in shorter lineups, which is one of the most significant advantages of going.
During the event, many people are concentrating on the sweets as well as the other entertainment alternatives that are available.
Here are the available rides:
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Barnstormer
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Be aware that some rides will close sporadically though, just as they do throughout regular operating hours.
Halloween Ride Themes
You can also experience certain Walt Disney World rides with Halloween themes including:
- Discover a fresh spin on the Mad Tea Party, featuring new lighting and effects.
- On Pirates of the Caribbean, join some rookie pirates in their search for “Gunpowder Pete” as you discover a crew of live pirates featured in the ride.
- And on Space Mountain, hurtle through deep space in complete darkness with a new hard rock soundtrack. with a new soundtrack.
Treats at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Guest’s availability to tasty seasonal treats is the evening’s tastiest portion. The Halloween party is the only time you can get your hands on a few of them. Incredible chocolate Haunted Mansion image goodies, white chocolate Jack Skellington desserts, pumpkin Mickey Waffle sundaes, worms and dirt gravestones, candy corn ice cream, unique rice crispy treats, and brownies have all been featured in the past..
Dessert Parties at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Dessert parties are offered with reserved viewing for Halloween entertainment- these specific offerings typically change annually but always include fabulous dessert offerings and prime spots.
Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
This dessert party features a reserved viewing of Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular at the Tomorrowland Terrace.
- Location: Dessert party held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant at Magic Kingdom park, with fireworks viewing in the comfort of the terrace.
- Dates: Select nights August 13 through November 1, 2021
- Dessert Party Time: 8:45 PM
- Fireworks Show Time: 10:15 PM
- Price: $99 plus tax for Guests ages 10 and older; $59 plus tax for Guests ages 3 to 9
Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
This dessert party features a reserved viewing of Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular at the Plaza Garden.
- Location: Dessert party held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant at Magic Kingdom park, with fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden
- Dates: Select nights from August 13 through November 1, 2021
- Dessert Party Time: 8:45 PM
- Fireworks Show Time: 10:15 PM
- Price: $79 plus tax for Guests ages 10 and older; $47 plus tax for Guests ages 3 to 9
Cruella’s Halloween Hide-A-Way
This event features reserved seating for Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade while you eat and mingle with Cruella De Vil herself.
- Location: Town Square, guests check in at the podium in Tony’s Town Square Restaurant Dates: Select nights from August 13 through November 1, 2021
- Parade Time: Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade begins at 11 PM, guests can check in starting at 9PM
- Price: $99 per person, plus tax
All of these events are extremely popular, be sure to secure your dining reservations in advance!
PhotoPass Magic Shots at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Exclusive hauntingly real PhotoPass Magic Shots will also be available in different locations throughout the park during the Halloween party. Some locations will even have special props to make the scenes even more interactive and realistically fun. If you want to take advantage of these, you may want to consider purchasing Memory Maker before the party.
At $69 for one day, you’ll receive unlimited downloads of PhotoPass shots and discounts on prints.
Halloween at Disney World- Costumes Guidelines
Guests of all ages attending the ticketed Halloween party at Magic Kingdom are encouraged to wear Halloween costumes!
Halloween at Disney World Costume Guidelines
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable, or violent. Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses). PhotoPass photographers will also be available with special Halloween-themed Magic Shots to incorporate into your pictures. You can find them at the most popular photo spot locations or search on the My Disney Experience app.